As we continue to live with the challenges of COVID-19, many people are forced to make tough decisions to save money. Some may look to ways to reduce their insurance costs. These tips will help you to save money on your insurance costs while ensuring you maintain needed coverage.
- Shop with an independent insurance agency. An independent agency can research multiple insurance carriers. Agents work as your personal shopper, looking for the best coverage at the best rates.
- Bundle your policies. Some people have their car insurance with one insurance company, and their renter’s or homeowner’s policy with another company. Many insurance carriers offer substantial discounts if you bundle your policies together. If you are married and currently have separate auto policies, we recommend combining them into one single policy. You then qualify for a multi-car discount as well as a married rate.
- Use safe driving trackers. If you practice safe driving habits and are comfortable being monitored, you can save up to 40% with some companies by installing an app on your phone or a device in your car.
- Research available discounts. Contact your Seltzer agent to inquire what discounts are available. Many carriers offer discounts such as Retirement, Nonsmoker, Good Student, Professional Discounts (i.e. Healthcare or Educational), and more.
- Review any updates or changes with your agent or company. If you recently completed a renovation or did an update to equipment in your house, this can affect your premium. Be sure to notify your insurance agent.
Check with your Seltzer agent to learn what options may help to reduce your annual insurance premium. If you are in the market to find a better rate, our entire team is working from home and will be happy to help shop almost 100 insurance carriers on your behalf.
If you are a client of The Seltzer Group, please be sure to notify us any changes in contact information so that we can continue to provide you with money saving tips and the most up to date insurance information.
Be sure to download our free app, SeltzerMobile, available for iPhone and android. You can use this app to check coverages, request changes, download ID cards, and report a claim.