Our Core Values
The Seltzer Group is built to provide businesses and people with the best insurance programs available, deliver superior risk management solutions, provide exceptional thought leadership, and to change the way our valuable clients view insurance and manage risk. At the core of that mission are our company values. We expect all employees of the company to let the SELTZER STRONG values guide their actions and attitude.
The Seltzer Group was founded 1948 by Robert Seltzer Sr. in Orwigsburg, PA. The agency served the local community by providing home, auto, farm and small business policies. We’ve been in business for over 70 years and during that time we have proudly achieved some key accomplishments.
- The Seltzer Group has gone from one location in Schuylkill County with 6 employees to 50 employees and eight locations, and growing.
- We started a risk management company (East Coast Risk Management) to better serve our clients. Over the past 11 years that company has grown from two to over 50 employees and expanded to 7 states.
- We have helped our clients (both individuals and businesses) during some of their worst times. We have helped businesses put processes in place that have severely decreased the amount of work-related injuries and claims they experience, saving them a significant amount of money.
- We have been there to help many individuals as their homes have been destroyed by a fire or some other tragedy. We’ve helped them get back on their feet and make sure the coverages they paid for protected them when they needed it most. These are the real accomplishments that make us proud to do what we do every day.
- We are a charter member of The Keystone Insurers Group. KIG is the third largest independent agent group in the United States. Being part of The Keystone Insurers Group allows us to offer specialized programs to a large variety of industries, more leverage with insurance companies and superior access to the marketplace.
- We’re committed to our employees, our clients and our community. It is of the utmost importance to us to remain an independent, locally owned and operated company. We serve with integrity and we will always put the needs our clients first.
- We think it’s very important to support our community, especially children. We support various causes and events that support children throughout the year. We “adopt” head start classrooms in the Lehigh Valley, Schuylkill County and beyond to supply toys, coats, warm clothes and other needed items.
- We run a golf tournament to benefit special need individuals each fall. 2018 will mark our 20th tournament. We’ve raised over 100,000 for this cause over the last 20 years.
The Seltzer Group Today
The Seltzer Group has been around since 1948. Collectively, we have decades of experience in creating customized solutions for our personal insurance, business insurance and workers’ comp clients.
As a member of the Keystone Insurers Group, we have access to unique insurance programs and a large number of carriers – which allows us to provide robust coverage for our clients’ very specific needs.
Although we work with a wide variety of individuals and businesses in Orwigsburg, Schuylkill Haven, Pottsville, Emmaus, Reading, Myerstown, Wyomissing and surrounding areas in Eastern PA, over the years, we’ve developed specialized expertise in workers compensation and non-insurance risk management strategies.
We offer in-house claims management as well as injury prevention, return-to-work support, workplace safety management and human resources management through our sister company East Coast Risk Management.
Because we’re independent, our priority is you – not the insurance company. We don’t just sell insurance. We work closely with clients to help them make important and informed decisions every day when it comes to protection and their future. If protection is the goal, rather than price and speed, we’re the right fit.
Our Commitment to Community
Fulfilling our commitment to service is about more than writing checks. It’s about making an impact. We do that with the help of The Seltzer Group family — employees who are dedicated to making their community a better place to live. Here’s just a sampling of the local organizations we support.